Sunday, July 15, 2012

How it started






Business is of course embracing the iPad in a big way. Remote communicating with company servers, enhanced customer service in the service industries, adding a certain panache to corporate events and conventions, all of these and more are reasons the iPad is hitting it big. And this doesn't even consider the comsumer. I own a business myself and it is amazing to me how many of my clients communicate with me on tablets. Well, it was a company thing that got me interested. The corporation I work for equipped loaner units to all its convention staff last year, giving me the opportunity for a concentrated week of hands-on use, after which time I was sold and promptly bought my own. The main thing that impressed me was the thing's battery life! Having played with Android machines before, I was not prepared to see a device last a real 20 hours of normal use.

No comments: