Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More faves

These two, Doc HD and WritePad, are really great apps! DocHD is a less expensive alternate to Pages, Apple's productivity suite, which I couldn't use at the time I downloaded DocHD because I was the still running on iOS 4.3 (Pages requires 5.0 and higher -- I have since upgraded but still use DocHD). DocHD I consider an essential. It's basically MS Word for the iPad. The same company also markets SheetHD, a MS Excel type app, and it is great too. I don't say this lightly. I have over the years tried many Word and Excel clones on cell phones and PDAs. These actually work! Another great one is WritePad, a character recognition app, allowing you to write on the tablet with your finger and have it turn almost immdediately into electronic text. Pretty cool! I use this at seminars and such. A very useful app.





2 comments:

Bekah said...

I really, really like the peanut m&m background. ;)

Articles Feedback said...

Yeah, neat, huh?